What is POW! Girls Running Team?
The POW! Girls’ Running Team is a 9-week summer program for girls. Delivered through an interactive game-based curriculum that promotes play and laughter, POW! combines self-esteem enhancing lessons and growth mindset focused activities to develop each participant physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
Girls will be empowered with positive self-awareness, increased confidence, individual goal setting strategies, and a sense of achievement by training and completing a 5K all while discovering their inner grit and celebrating what makes them unique!
The program is tailored for girls in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade.
POW! Girls Running Team delivers 4 key objectives:
- Play and Laughter– Build new knowledge, build community, activate sense of wonder, increase goal-oriented motivation
- Growth Mindset – Growth mindset focused activities, enriching lessons, customized conversation building topics
- Sense of self and grit – Enrich determination and perseverance, develop personal goals, develop accountability, turn disappointments into opportunities
- Junior Coaches – Mentorship, real job experience, empathy, enhance feeling of self-efficacy
POW! also welcomes girls in 5th grade – high school to participate as a junior coach! An excellent opportunity to build her leadership portfolio, gain community service experience, maintain or grow her love of running, and have fun while helping others.
Participants and Junior Coaches will participate in the Gopher to Badger 5K on Saturday, August 10th in Hudson, WI.
What is included in the registration?
- 9-week twice weekly sessions
- a healthy snack at each session
- POW! tank top
- Gopher to Badger 5K registration
Dates and Location
Monday and Wednesday
June 10 – August 7 (no practice on Wednesday, July 3)
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
**This location is for girls only.
Registration (based on current grade)
Grades 2 – 4: $220
Grades 5 – 11: $110
*After you complete the Google Form, you will be redirected to paypal for payment. Please complete separate Google Form for each participant.
Taren Weyer is a certified Health Coach and Youth Fitness Specialist with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. She is the community coordinator of two Healthy Kids Running Series locations in Wisconsin and leads two before/after school running programs in River Falls, Wisconsin. Because of her I Can and I Will value philosophy, she is also an elementary, middle school and high school substitute teacher as she loves the impact she can have engaging youth at these ages.